Have you ever tried the combination of avocado and chocolate? I have and this Chocolate Avocado Pie recipe is a proof that it is an awesome combination!
When you try this cake out, you won´t feel there is avocado inside. But you will feel good knowing that you used a superfood in your healthy treat.
Avocado is rather unique fruit. Most fruits contain carbohydrates, while avocado is high in healthy fats.
What are other benefits of avocado?
- Avocado is super nutritious – besides healthy fat it includes 20 different minerals and vitamins – e.g. Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Folate, Potassium, Vitamin B5 & B6, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Copper, Iron, Zinc, etc.
- Eating avocado lowers cholesterol – some studies have shown that avocados can reduce total cholesterol level, reduce blood triglycerides, and increase good cholesterol
- Avocados are great for vision – Avocados contain lutein and zeaxanthin, these are two phytochemicals that are concentrated in the eye tissues, where they provide antioxidant protection to help minimize damage.
- Cancer prevention – one study showed that it may help reduce side effects of chemotherapy in human lymphocytes. Adequate intake of folate from food, which is in avocado, has also shown that it may protect against colon, stomach, pancreatic and cervical cancer.
- Improves digestion – an avocado is high in fiber (about 6-7 grams per half piece). Eating foods with natural fiber can help to prevent constipation and maintain a healthy digestive tract.
If you´re looking to try out other cray recipes with avocado, check out this page which shows you several ways to use this super fruit.
Many of you know that dark chocolate is good for us, but for those who don´t, let´s briefly check why dark chocolate is great:
- Nutritious – 100 gram of chocolate with 70-85% cocoa contains: 11g of fiber, 67% of iron, 58% of magnesium, 89% of copper, 98% of manganese. It also contains phosphorus, zinc, potassium and selenium.
- Source of antioxidants– dark chocolate is loaded with organic compounds that are biologically active and function as antioxidants (e.g polyphenols, flavanols and catechins).
- Improves the brain function – some studies showed that 5 days of consuming high-flavanol cocoa improved blood flow to the brain. Cocoa also contains stimulant substances like caffeine, which is the reason why cocoa can improve brain function in the short term.
- Protects the skin against the sun – the flavonols can protect against the damage caused by sun, it can also improve blood flow to the skin and increase skin density and hydration.
So what you should do now is to check this Chocolate Avocado Pie recipe and make this super nice dessert for you and your friends and family.