Persimon, originated in China, is an awesome sweet fruit rich in nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which are great for your health. They are low in calories and therefore great for your diet. So why are persimons great for your waistline?
1. Low in calories – only 70 Kcal per 100g, almost no fat!
2. Great source of fiber – which helps you to digest faster and keeps you full longer
3. Full of antioxidants – Vitamins A (play role against aging), C (anti-inflammatory), B6 (co-factor for metabolic functions)
4. Full of minerals – Potassium, manganese and copper which helps for production of red blood cells
How to eat the persimon?
Persimons are delicious to be eaten fresh, as well as cooked or dried.
- Dried persimon can be used in cookies, muffins, pudding or as a topping in yogurt
- You can make pudding out of persimons or prepare it in a combination with pork or salad
I´m already thinking of some recipes where I would use this delicious fruit. Soon I may share some of my cooking experiment with you, guys! Stay tuned!
Picture credits: Antonio